Call for Deep Listening Text Scores for “A Year of Deep Listening”
In honor of the legacy of Pauline Oliveros, and in celebration of what would have been her 90th birthday, the Center for Deep Listening at Rensselaer (CDL) invites all who have been touched by the philosophy and practice of Deep Listening to submit scores to A Year of Deep Listening.
A Year of Deep Listening aims to explore the transformative potential of listening in our current moment. The CDL will publish one text score per day—online and across social media platforms—for 365 days, beginning on the date of Pauline Oliveros’ 90th birthday: May 30, 2022. (Future digital and print publication avenues to be determined.)
We warmly welcome your contribution!
- Submitted text scores must be fewer than 100 words and should not exceed one page in length.
- While we are primarily seeking text scores, we will consider scores with graphic elements (depending upon legibility and ease of digital reproduction).
- We will prioritize scores that are easily shared online, with low barriers to performance by non-musicians.
- Previously published scores can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions will be accepted!
SUBMISSIONS HAVE CLOSED.
Questions? Email Stephanie Loveless at CDL at rpi dot edu